Monday, January 16, 2017

This corner


I'm putting this corner on my task list in my new bullet journal. Hopefully having it written down, staring me in the face every time I open the book, will shame motivate me into actually dealing with it. Observe:

  • the Magic Bullet blender thingy - note the pieces everywhere
  • baking stuff - sugar, flour, etc - that got pulled out weeks and weeks ago and never put back in the cabinet directly behind it
  • I'm pretty sure that giant bottom canister is empty? It needs to go Somewhere Else.
  • That Lego set has been there since Christmas Eve.
  • The grocery bag with the Zelda calendar sticking out of it has been there since Christmas Day.
  • That pamphlet-looking thing is the order paperwork for our new couch - which was delivered in August.
  • A lunchbox - it matches my (fourth grade) son's kindergarten backpack. He eats hot lunch everyday. Where did it come from? How did it get here? Where should I put it? (I know the answer to this one - it needs to accompany the Bullet Blender to the thrift store!)
  • Tape. I can never find tape when I need it, and now I know why - it camouflages itself in the middle of the kitchen floor.
On a positive note, though, my kitchen counter still looks awesome. I left the teenager a note to put any dirty dishes they make today directly into the dishwasher - we'll see if that happened. 

AND I went grocery shopping at 10:00 last night, and I put away all 6 bags of groceries before I went to bed, instead of only dealing with the fridge/freezer stuff and leaving the dry goods in their bags in the middle of the floor for "later" (AKA "all eternity").

No comments:

Post a Comment